Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

#RootsTech 2016 -- Innovators Summit Semi-Finalists Showdown

There are twelve semi-finalists for the Innovators Showdown at #RootsTech 2016. Here is the list as it now stands.
This is a very impressive lineup. There have been comments about an apparent lack of innovation, these programs represent the highest level of innovation. Comments, to the contrary do not do justice to the advances I am seeing in these programs. I had the privilege to serve as a judge in this event a couple of years ago. The present entrants are light years ahead of the proposals we saw just a couple of year ago. 

The finalists will be announced later today. As I say, stay tuned. 

6 comments:

  1. I noticed a few of the products seem to directly address problems I've had in my own experience with family history. One or two seemed like just another nicely done way to share with your family, but some covered stuff that was never really addressed well before in any product I know. I bought into one of the products from last year and have been totally satisfied. This year there are 2 or 3 I expect to buy into and have my needs met. There are even more I want to at least try out. Very good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. There is a measure of overlap, but the new programs do not necessarily duplicate previously available software.

      Delete
  2. I'm not at RootsTech this year, but I'm following it intently from afar. Your nice words about the innovation of these programs is really good news, very encouraging, and great to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you couldn't be here. Maybe next time?

      Delete
    2. Confirmed my 2017 attendance. ... And I've submitted my Double Match Triangulator program as an entry into the 2017 Innovator Showdown.

      Delete
    3. Make sure we get a chance to meet and talk.

      Delete