Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Very First Genealogy's Star Blog Post

Back on 21 November 2008, I wrote and posted my very first Genealogy's Star blog post. It was entitled "Check out the FamilySearch Wiki." It was two paragraphs long and, by my present standards, rather uninteresting and uninformative. Well, five years later, I am still writing about the FamilySearch Research Wiki but I do tend to say a little bit more than I did at the beginning of my blogging career. That original post has a cumulative total of 14 views. I guess my family has remained a some-what loyal readership over the years. That same day, I posted two other articles, starting a long tradition of publishing multiple articles per day, on occasion. With over 2500 posted articles, I am just now starting to feel like I am getting to know a little bit about blogging.

My focus on FamilySearch.org was evident from the very beginning. But I see early articles about almost all of the major genealogical data websites and I also see a lot commentary on records, digitizing, new records online and a variety of subjects. During the next few weeks, I will be teaching about blogging. I guess experience matters. The first presentation is Wednesday, 14 August 2013 at 7:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time (same as Arizona Time right now) for the Mesa FamilySearch Library. This will be a Webinar entitled, "Setting up your Family's Genealogy Blog." This is a free webinar and everyone is invited to tune in. If you miss it, the Webinar will be posted very shortly after the webinar, on the Mesa FamilySearch Library website as a Webcast.

I will be teaching a class on blogging at the Mesa FamilySearch Library during September and looking forward to my presentation at RootsTech 2014 on the same subject.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary, James - I frequently learn something new each time I read your blog. I'll soon be hitting the one-year mark for one of my 2 blogs, am just past the one-year mark for my first blog, and I'm very slowly trying to get into a routine and pattern. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary. Your posts are always informative and thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete